Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Birthday Present

The first letter to be featured in The Love Letter Project is a letter I have written myself during my birthday last year.

___________________________________________________________________________

I will never grow old alone or unhappy or without a purpose.
I don't have to spend for the most expensive shirt or cologne or have a six pack abs.
That is the gift that I have received some eight years ago.

I don't know up until point if I deserve it but I know that it made me a better person.
A person who appreciates life more.
A person who wants to be better each day.

By showing and making me feel each day that I am genuinely loved beyond reasons or words or actions or appearance, you showed me that love need not have a 'why' or a 'how' or a 'what' - it just is.

I wake up each day both longing for your warm hug and smiling that I'll be hugged for the rest of my life.

If I have made an impact to other's lives- it is because I have been loved by you.

With you, I want to reach the stars and travel the entire world and smile often.
With you and your love, I am purposeful.

Thank you for just being you and being here.
I could not have said it better or more often but I love you in ways that my soul could only speak and ascertain.

Thank you for spending this special day with me, this is yours too- these are all yours.

Thank you for being an inspiration, for being a great influence, for being my best cheerleader and friend.

My birthday is happy and I am thankful for each day that I am alive because you are here and you love me and you love me till eternity.

I have no doubts now.
I only look forward to the many days and years.
For sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer.

I LOVE YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment